Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Good ol' Rocky Top...Rocky Top, TENNESSEE...

Well, I just got the word this morning! It's official...85% of my support for this year has been raised, and I've been given the "go-ahead" to move to campus! (which is a good thing, seeing as how we had a U-haul reserved for this weekend. ha!)

ROCKY TOP...HERE I COME!!!

First and foremost, all glory goes to God. There's no possible way I could have raised this money without His help. My plan for where it was coming from and His plan (the one that actually happened) were quite different, indeed. There is zero room for me to brag here...at all. It's quite humbling to see how little I actually put into this, except for my worry, anxiety, fear, stress, seek for control, and feeble plans. But this is God's way of showing us how dependent we really are on Him, for everything! I will be learning that lesson on an even grander scale, it seems, this year.

I would also like to thank all of you who have given so generously to make this internship possible. It will be a joy to partner with you in this ministry to the students of the University of Tennessee. I can assure you that it's a ministry based firmly in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I would also like to thank all of you who have encouraged and prayed for me through this whole process. Your prayers have been felt! Keep 'em coming!

So what now?

Well, we are loading up the U-haul today. (yes...good timing right?) and then tomorrow, we (my parents and I) hit the road for Knoxville! I'll be moving into the apartment on Friday.

Next week will be spent getting settled in my new place, figuring out Knoxville, and meeting with the Tennessee RUF staff. We'll have a staff retreat (Campus Minister Brent Harriman, the other 2 interns Anne and Mary Beth, and myself) at the end of the week, and then the students move in that weekend! It's all happening so fast, and it hasn't even started yet!

Please PRAY for this move, that it will go smoothly. I will also covet your prayers next week as I juggle settling in to a new apartment in a new city with gearing up for the new job!

Also, I must remember that I'm not the only one getting ready to move to a new place and start a new life-chapter. There are a bunch of incoming freshmen at Tennessee that are getting rady to do the same thing. Keep them in your prayers as well.

And...I must also add: While I have reached 85% and can move to campus, there is still 15% left in my yearly budget that I must raise so that I can remain on campus. If you would still like to give financially, you can do so at any time during the year. It will always be needed and welcome. www.ruf.org/donate is the easiest way to do so.

Thank you all again for your support, encouragement, love, friendship, and prayers!

Next update will be from Knoxville!

Soli Deo Gloria!

Stephen


Well I've had years of cramped up city life
Trapped like a duck in a pen
All I know is it's a pity
Life can't be simple again

Oh Rocky Top, you'll always be
Home sweet home to me
Good ol' Rocky Top
Rocky Top, Tennessee!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats-- hope my donation got to you. Brent's mother was my 6th grade teacher, though I don't know if I've met him personally. I know several people involved in RUF at UTK as well. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats! Hope the move & settling in and all that goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super exciting!!! I hope you love Knoxville.

    ReplyDelete