Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cooking...

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this whole cooking thing. Dumped a Bertolli meal-in-a-bag in the skillet today for lunch...but then this afternoon I had a wave of inspiration (not to mention a little time on my hands.)

Behold: the results.



















First: the main course. A Hawaiian-marinated turkey burger (made from scratch, of course), grilled on the George Foreman and topped with grilled mango and onions, provolone, and BBQ sauce.

On the side you have the hand-cut parmesan-garlic potato wedges. Quite tasty.

Add some steamed broccoli to make things healthy, and then...to throw healthiness completely out the window:



















Peach cobbler...made with fresh Georgia peaches that my Grandma brought me on Sunday.

Okay, so I realize it's quite lame to take pictures of dinner and post them on your blog. But you must realize where I have come from. Remember 2 weeks ago when a Bertolli meal-in-a-bag was blogpost-worthy?

There will be another post coming soon about this past week, but I'll go ahead and say that we had our 2nd large group last night, and it was awesome! We have our first freshman guys small group tomorrow, so prayers would be appreciated for that. We currently have 24 guys signed up!

But as I said...there will be more to come later. I just had to show off my meal first. ;-)


1 comment:

  1. That's an impressive meal. It sounds delicious and definitely post-worthy.

    ReplyDelete