Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Getting close...

Hello everyone,

I continue to be amazed at the ways the Lord has provided (and is continuing to provide) this summer. The funniest part is that while I can get so wrapped up planning, plotting, and strategizing on where this money will come from, He continues to reveal His own plan for my support-raising needs. I look over there, and He provides right here.

I was reflecting today on this summer, and I see how God has been at work in every detail. While I greatly appreciate your financial support, it's your prayers that I have especially felt as God not only provides the funds, but also the peace in my heart. I still have a good bit of support left to raise, but I will always be in need of your prayers.

As you can see in the figure to your left, I am currently at 73% of my yearly budget. That leaves $3,698 left to raise before I can move to Knoxville and begin my internship. My target move-in date is August 6, which leaves just a little over 2 weeks!

If you would like to give, the easiest way is to go online to www.ruf.org/donate. There you can either make a one-time gift or set up a monthly pledge of any amount...and any amount is greatly appreciated!

You can also mail a check to Reformed University Ministries, 1700 N Brown Road, Suite 104, Lawrenceville, GA 30043. Write "Stephen Moss - Tennessee Intern" on the "For" line. If it's a pledge, you can include a note indicating such.

But as I mentioned earlier in this post, the most important way you can help (even right now!) is to pray. Please pray for the following things:

1.) Support Raising: Pray that the remaining support will come in time for me move to Knoxville on August 6. Please continue to pray after I move in, as there will still be $4,771 left to raise to complete my yearly budget.

2.) My personal walk with Christ: I'm already experiencing how easy it is to get caught up in the details of Christ's work and neglect our relationships with Him. Pray that I will stay planted in His Word and I will remain always on my knees. Especially once I get to campus, when the distractions will increase dramatically.

3.) RUF Training: Next week is RUF Staff Training in Atlanta, which will include all RUF interns and campus ministers. Pray for the entire RUF staff as wegear up for a year of ministry on college campuses all across the continent. Also pray that I will have an open and receptive heart, and that I will learn things that will greatly help me in ministry to students this year.

4.) RUF @ Tennessee: Pray for Tennessee RUF's current staff. Pray for Campus Minister Brent Harriman and his wife Emily (and of course their kids William and Abigail). Also pray for Anne and Mary Beth, who will be my fellow interns. Anne is entering her 3rd year as an intern, and Mary Beth is entering her 2nd. Also pray for all the students, especially the incoming freshmen. The summer before college can be a strange and awkward period, filled with a lot of excitement and a lot of anxiety.

Thank you all for your love, friendship, encouragement, support, and prayers!

Resting in His Grace,

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment