Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall and Football...

The windows are open...the air conditioner is off...Fall is here.

And let's go ahead and get this straight...I know that seasons aren't supposed to be capitalized. I have never understood this rule. It seems terribly arbitrary and illogical, and therefore, now that I am no longer a student, I will ignore it.

But yes, it is true. That rain I spoke of in my last post ushered in a week of cool, sunny days that signals the beginning of Fall in East Tennessee.

As I'm continuing to figure out my surrounding, UT's enormous campus (at least compared to Samford) is becoming less and less overwhelming. I've been spending more time on campus lately, even just to work on my intern study program. I found a comfy seat in one of the outdoor amphitheaters on Friday afternoon and got a lot of reading done in the wonderful weather.

Yesterday was especially wonderful, except for that tragic Tennessee loss after they had already "won."

The game itself was fun to watch, though, as I had 6 freshmen guys over to the apartment to cheer on the Vols against LSU. Add some homemade salsa and queso and some Little Debbies and it was a party. We even fired up the grill and put another (small) dent in the leftover burgers from the Freshmen Guys Cookout.

It was good chance to continue getting to know the guys better, and we had a great time. I also enjoyed going to watch the Alabama-Florida game with them back at their dorm. It even made me miss life in the dorms...just a little. Ha.

Please keep me in your prayers as I continue building relationships with the freshmen guys here at Tennessee. At times, it can seem painfully slow, but that's the way it goes, I'm told. ;-) It is wonderful to see the Lord at work in their lives, and I'm so thankful for the opportunity to get to know them better and, by God's grace, to hopefully reflect His love and His gospel in their lives.

Tennessee's Fall Break is Thursday and Friday, and I will be going with my roommate Jeff to visit Covenant Seminary in St. Louis. Please keep that in your prayers as well. That decision's still a little ways off, but yes, it's already on the horizon! My parents will be coming up for a visit after I get back from St. Louis, and I'm looking forward to showing them some more of Knoxville now that I've found some of the good spots in town.

Well, I'd better go haul the bag of trash from yesterday's football party out to the dumpster...while this task is normally dull, the cool fall air is making it seem much more exciting.

Feel free to keep in touch with me! My email is stephen.moss@ruf.org, and I'd love to hear from you! And if you're ever anywhere near Knoxville...you know the drill.

Resting in His Promises,

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment